Friday, December 2, 2011

DIY Ornament Wreath

I'm a wreath-a-holic. There, I admit it. I love wreaths. I love how they come in so many shapes and sizes and can be fashioned for any time of the year. Wreaths aren't just for Christmas anymore people! One of my goals for 2012 (and don't worry, I DO have bigger and more important goals as well), is to craft up new wreaths for each season (or maybe two or three or four). There is one thing I don't like about wreaths however - they can get really expensive. I learned this the hard way one year when I paid well over my budget for a lovely yet pricey evergreen wreath (yes, that means way too much money for something made out of a bunch of tree branches tied together to look pretty that would eventually die). It all seems really silly and bit wasteful to me. I mean, I had to toss it out as soon as the holidays had passed!

So this year I set out to make my own wreaths on a budget and ones that I could use year after year (see my posts here and here for the a few I crafted this fall).  So here goes, holiday wreath #1 of...yep, you guessed it...many. I found this darling idea for an ornament wreath here on Eddie Ross' blog (check out his gorgeous table settings!). The entire thing cost me $9 (just the cost of the ornaments since I had the wire hanger and ribbon at home).  It was very simple and quick to make.  However, here is a word of advice - use a hanger that bends easily (my tough hanger and I got in a few fights).  All in all, I am very happy with the way it came out and I think this one rightfully deserves it's place on our front door for many years to come.



1 comment: