Thursday, December 15, 2011

Holiday Apron

This week I will be spending alot of time in our kitchen.  Between parties and relatives visiting (and really I just want to cook every tasty looking holiday cookie in this month's Bon Appetit issue), let's just say I have alot of baking to do.  So I figured every good cook should look stylish, right?  I love collecting aprons (see here for my most recent tie-die acquisition), & this year I figured I would craft one up for the marathon of baking I am about to embark on.  I found this darling idea on marthastewart.com and even though it says it's meant for kids, I just made a bigger version for myself.  All you need is a solid colored apron, some rick-rack ribbon and a button for the top of the tree.  Just start gluing and about 10 minutes later, voila! You have the makings for a very stylish chef.  :)  Now comes the hard part of trying to not eat all the yummy batter.  I guess I will have to add "eat less cookies" to my new year's resolutions.  Yea right.



No comments:

Post a Comment