Thursday, December 1, 2011

25 Days of Holiday DIY

Most people that know me well are all to familiar with how much I love the holidays. The trees, the decorations, the parties, the food...oh where do I start!  This year I have decided to pay homage to the season I love the best by doing 25 days of DIY projects - one for each day until Christmas.  Dave thinks I have officially gone nuts and our apartment is already coated in a layer of glitter and glue.  But I am convinced I can do this!  I have picked projects that are uncomplicated and simple - partially because I have a limited attention span for things that are too fussy and also because I don't want to scare any of you off.    Think of it as my online advent calender - each project bringing us a few days closer to December 25th.

So can you guess what I made first? Well, duh...a homemade advent calendar of course! I loved these things as a kid and have made it a point of buying one every year. There's just something so fun about waking up and knowing the first thing you get to eat in the morning is a piece of chocolate.  I am not sure exactly how or why this tradition came about but it's by far one of my favorite ones of this holiday season.  I saw the idea for this darling one here and fell in love with it. It was so simple to make and the size is so dainty.  It's now sitting on our kitchen table ready greet us when we wake up. Too bad there's only one treat per slot - looks like I might have to set my alarm for a few minutes before Dave gets up. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment