Saturday, December 10, 2011

Holiday Doormat

Since we moved into to our new place early this year, there has been a hideous doormat outside our front door. I have no idea why it's still there, or rather, why I have allowed it to be there.  You see, I am a major nester. I am constantly redecorating our place (much to the frustration of my husband) and if I don't like the way something looks, it's usually the first thing to go.  And that doormat, ugh! It's been 11 months and it's still there. I think I have been so focused on fixing up the inside of the house that the outside has been ignored.  Well, that's about to change.  Last week I saw this tutorial for an adorable holiday doormat and I realized this was it - the perfect excuse to chuck that old ugly one.  And it was so easy! I got a new straw doormat at Ross for $8 and already had a ton of paint left over from my gold fall pumpkins.  I used some cardboard evergreen stencils I had as guides for my triangle trees (just because I'm not so good at freehand drawing) and then filled them in with white paint. I am so happy with the way it turned out and I think this makes for a much better welcome to our new place!





No comments:

Post a Comment