Monday, November 7, 2011

Fall wreath in a snap!


I've been in a bit of a DIY mood lately. Maybe it's the change of the seasons but something is making me want to make/cook/create like crazy. Not sure what it is but our place is looking very festive for the holidays. :) My latest project was this adorable fall wreath. I got the idea from this spring version here. And as gorgeous as this wreath was, I had to figure out a way to make mine a bit less time consuming (I don't have the patience to  cut and glue that much paper). So I went on a search for some pre-cut fall leaves for my own version of this wreath and in turn discovered how insane people are for the art of scrap booking. Who knew?  It's not my thing but the flower paper punch I found at my local craft store is pretty nifty (and yes, this was one of about 50 paper punches that was available!).  It worked perfectly for my quick fall wreath and I have a feeling I will be using it for many other fun future projects.




*Instead of using glue to adhere the flowers, I used push pins with white tips (makes for a cute detail on the center of the flowers) and a foam wreath used for floral arrangements.

No comments:

Post a Comment