Sunday, December 11, 2011

No-Sew Christmas Tree Skirt

All of this DIY stuff has me paying alot of visits to our local craft stores.  I am practically on first name basis with the ladies over at Beverly's (my favorite one so far!) and each time I go in, I am armed with my inventory list for that week's crafts.  This last visit, however, I ended up leaving with materials for two projects I hadn't planned on.  One of them (the second one will come in another post soon) was for a Christmas tree skirt.  This year we finally have a normal sized tree, but a skirt for it had somehow completely slipped my mind.  I guess I would have ended up throwing some old blankets around the base (boring!) but instead, I thanksfully stumbled upon a really cute one at Beverly's.  They had a bunch of gorgeous handmade skirts dorning the bases of the decorated trees on their floor and given that I love all things vintage, I was instantly drawn to the tree covered with antique ornaments.  At the base was this simple yet darling no-sew tree skirt, made only of blue felt and white rick-rack.  I was about to ask if it was for sale when it occurred to me that I could easily make it and add it to my list of projects.  It literally took me about 20 minutes to asseble and looks great under our tree. The only downside is that our cat has taken a liking to it and I don't think she will be too thrilled when her cozy new sleep spot is covered with presents.  :)

*The last photo below is kind of random but I had to include it since it's by far my favorite and most treasured holiday decoration.  This Santa & Mrs. Claus were passed down to me from my folks and I can't wait to have them out each year!  They sit by our tree and since you can kind of see it in the wide shot below, I thought it would be fun to share a closer view of the darling pair sharing a smooch. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment