Monday, December 5, 2011

Gumdrop wreath

You know that feeling when you walk into a store and see that perfect pair of shoes, and your heart screams "I MUST have those!" but your head is saying "hold it there honey - you already have like 50 other pairs of shoes".  Ok, maybe that's my husbands rational voice I hear in my head but either way, you know what I'm getting at.  That's exactly how I felt when I saw this wreath on the Apartment Therapy blog last month, even though I knew I had several other holiday wreath's I had already committed to make.  So I bookmarked it and begrudgingly moved on.

But then came the signs - everywhere I went in November I was seeing gumdrops.  Every drugstore, grocery store and corner store seemed to have them strategically placed near the registers where I happen to be checking out.  I will admit that gumdrops are a common candy not necessarily reserved for the holidays.  And it is quite possible that this particular candy is prominent year round and maybe I had never noticed them before since I don't particularly fancy the way they taste (what can I say, I'm a dark chocolate gal). But either way, there they were begging to be bought. So I caved and bought 4 bags. I rationalized it by saying I would wait until March to make this one and it could be my "spring" wreath. Yea, right. Those who know me are well aware of my lack of patience when I want to get something done.

This one took a bit of time to make but the outcome is totally worth it!  The materials are very affordable (you can find the full tutorial here) and really, you could make it anytime of the year. I used multi-colored gumdrops but I would love to make it again with one solid color (maybe white next time?).  I like this one so much that I have a feeling it will be making another appearance at our place next spring. :)




1 comment:

  1. Jen - you should open a home holiday decorating business!!! I'd hire ya. I don't have any time...

    ReplyDelete