Tuesday, December 6, 2011

All things that glitter...

I am thrilled that sparkly things are in fashion this year.  Sequin tops and glittered high heals make me happy and my wardrobe just looks better with that little bit of bling bling.  I am also noticing that many of my holiday crafts this year have quite a bit of shimmer and shine (hence the heavy layer of glitter that has coated our apartment the past few days).  Dave thinks it's gotten out of hand and maybe he's on to something. I did have a friend tell me yesterday that I had been walking around all day with a piece of glitter on  my forehead.  But instead of pointing it out, she said she didn't say anything because she liked it there - that little bit of sparkle was kind of nice she said. I liked that.

I first saw these glitter ornaments on Pinterest and was fascinated by the materials used to make them.  Floor polish isn't just for floors - who knew!  You can find the complete "how to" here and just a word of advice - do wear the recommended gloves and open a window (this stuff can stink!).  I used pink and blue glitter in my ornaments and then hung them from a door knob since our tree is already overstuffed with decorations. I love the dainty and delicate look they get from the specs of sparkly in.

Ok, one glitter craft down and several more to go. But maybe first I should humor my husband break out the broom...  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment