Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Glittered Dreidels

A few years ago, my mother-in-law gave us a gorgeous menorah and I love bringing it out with our holiday decor each year.   It's sitting on our mantle right now and this year, I decided to make some festive dreidels to go along side it. I made these a few weeks ago but given that today is the first day of hanukkah, I felt like this was an appropriate day to post this project.  These little guys were so easy to make and they look darling sitting at the base of the menorah. I found the little wooden dreidels at the craft store and just covered them with mod podge and some blue glitter.  At the same time, I also made a glittered star, which was originally made to be a photo shoot prop for a client's holiday card I was working on (see here for how to make it).  I figured I had so much glitter left over from my sparkly ornaments project, why not just spread some more bling around our apartment. :)








No comments:

Post a Comment