Sunday, December 18, 2011

Felt Coasters

This is a quick and easy DIY for left over scraps of felt and another one I found in the new Martha Stewart's Handmade Holiday Crafts book (you can also see the full tutorial here).  There were a few things I did a bit differently than the directions in the book.  First, I don't know what kind of whole punch Martha uses but I couldn't get mine to go through the felt no matter how hard I tried.  Eventually I gave up and just made small cuts in the folds of the felt to get the diamond shapes.  Second, I couldn't find the iron-on webbing anywhere so I used a glue gun to adhere my felt (which worked just fine). And third, I glued ribbon around my edges, just to add additional detail.  I made the coasters for a holiday cocktail party we were having but I am so happy with them that I might keep them out year round. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment