Thursday, December 22, 2011

Paper Evergreens

Here's another DIY I found in the Martha Stewart's Handmade Holiday Crafts book (you can also see the tutorial here).  Once again, Martha must be magic because I could not, for the life of me, get the paper to fold nicely (and of course my trees ended up looking nothing like hers do).  After trying three types of paper (the more folds you do, the less it wants to crease), I finally was able to get the thin green craft paper to cooperate a bit.  In the end, my trees resemble very unmanicured evergreens (I'm thinking more "in the wild" than Christmas tree farm). But either way, I love how wonky they turned out as it's a bit more my style (just wait till you see my gingerbread house - Martha would definitely NOT approve).  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment