Saturday, December 3, 2011

Lovely little details....

I always thought of a typical holiday garland as yards and yards of evergreen and holly roped together and strung across the mantle.  As gorgeous as this is, I wanted to do something different this year as we finally have an actual mantle in our new place (12 years in SF and I never had one before!).  I have been seeing so many cute ideas online for alternative options (stay tuned for a darling one I will be making next spring) and this pine cone one immediately caught my eye.  I found the tutorial here on the Paper Mama blog (one of my favs!) and I love how simple it is - adding just the right festive detail over the fireplace without taking over every inch of the mantle (which is good because I need some space for another fun project I will be posting about soon :).  And the best thing about this one - it literally took me about ten minutes to make.  All you need is some yarn and about a dozen pine cones and voila! There you have it, a perfectly lovely garland - just the right amount of "holiday" without any evergreen needles needing to be constantly swept off the floor. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment